Friday, June 15, 2012

The warehouse sketch

INT: Warehouse. Dave is mid 50s, Rupert is early 20s, student looking.

DAVE: Is it you n me stackin' these pallets then?

RUPERT: Looks that way, yeah.

DAVE: I'm DAVE by the way, mate.

RUPERT: RUPERT

(DAVE looks digusted and confused)

DAVE: Err

RUPERT: I'm RUPERT

(Dave looks more confused)

DAVE: Ruth?

RUPERT: No, Ru..pert. You know, like Rupert the Bear.

DAVE: OH! Reaper.

RUPERT: No, Rupert. Rooooo Perttttt. But call me Rupe if you like.

DAVE: Oh! I get it. Of course. Sorry.

RUPERT: No worries.

DAVE: Right, shall we get on. Anyway, did you see the news? Blacks, pakis, immigrants, taking our jobs, Diana? Never a goal, offside, blacks, indians, shouldn't be allowed, the war, blacks, pakis.....

Fade to black

CAPTION READS 'THREE HOURS LATER'

Fade in

DAVE: Immigrants, shouldn't be allowed, taking our jobs, pakis.

RUPERT: Uh huh.

Bell rings.

DAVE: Right, that's break time.

INT: Break room, crowded with people drinking tea

DAVE: Hey guys, this is Reece.

RUPERT: err. Hi Everyone, I'm Reece. Pleased to meet you.

No comments: